Benjamin Heating Products was incorporated in 1972 as a metal fabrication company specializing in the design and manufacturing of innovative heating products.
Located in Springhill, Nova Scotia our manufacturing facilities have grown from a modest beginning in the founder's, Mr. W. R. (Bill) Benjamin's backyard garage to today's 48,500 square foot, state of the art manufacturing plant.
The company now designs and manufacturers a comprehensive line of residential and light commercial heating products.
Hi-tech manufacturing plant
Benjamin Heating Products have always considered their manufacturing processes as being critical to ensuring high quality, consistent and reliable products. Our facility is equipped with the most technologically advanced equipment and manufacturing processes in the industry, including:
- Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) Plasma cutting system complete with an integrated CAD/CAM computer system featuring TekSoft software.
- CNC AMADA 50 ton punch, complete with 72 jig station, repositioning table and integrated CAD/CAM computer control system.
- Four independent but interconnected CAD/CAM computer stations.
The production facility, through the use of its integrated Cad/Cam design and manufacturing capability, has the ability to quickly introduce and initiate improvements in its production process ; and the consistency of the computer controlled equipment ensures that all our products are “produced right the first time, and every time”.
Our Research and Development testing lab allows us to conduct on-going quality assurance testing procedures throughout its manufacturing process, far exceeding the requirements by CSA.
This facility is also used to test advances in burner, boiler and furnace technologies to ensure that our products will remain at the forefront of our industry in design, efficiency and safety standard.
Benjamin's boilers and furnaces are inspected and have been certified to the following standards:
- CSA - Canadian Standard's Association
- ULC - Underwriter's Laboratory of Canada
- S.E.U.E. - Seasonal Energy Utilization Efficiency
- ETLM - Energy Testing Laboratory of Maine
- CRN - Canadian Registration Number
- UL - Underwriters Laboratory - US
- Energy Star - NRCan
Benjamin Heating Products has received these certifications which are given to manufacturers who can ensure that consistent and accountable techniques are incorporated in the production of boilers.